Activities and relaxation in Dordogne Valley
To the north of the Quercy region, the Dordogne Valley, also known as the Valley of Wonders, exhibits its fine display of cultural heritage and dazzling natural beauty. It has an authentic rural accent, rich with traces of the past, from historical sites to exceptional villages, thus offering a choice of limitless discovery…
From La Bruyle, situated right at the heart of the valley, you are half an hour from:
- the historical sites of Rocamadour, Padirac and Aubazine with its canal built by the monks of the abbey
- the châteaux of Montal or Castelnau
- leisurely walks through some of the most beautiful villages of France: Collonges la Rouge, Turenne, Martel, Autoire, Loubressac, Carennac…
Going a little further out, Sarlat, the heart of the Périgord, St Cirq la Popie, Figeac and Cahors are less than an hour’s drive away.
For those particularly fond of nature and open spaces, the Dordogne Valley provides you with an area of unspoilt nature which you can explore:
- on foot: you can choose from among the numerous Long Distance Footpaths and circular walks – one of the shorter versions passes right by La Bruyle!
- by canoe-kayak: there are routes for the energetically sporty or waterways which wind more gently through this grandiose countryside
- on horseback: since we are ourselves rambler-riders, we belong to 2 equestrian centres
- by bicycle: if you wish to hire bikes, they can be delivered to the guesthouse
- with the golf bag: there are courses at Montal and Souillac, half an hour away
In addition to these wonderful possibilities, we will be happy to suggest our own special places and share with you our well-kept little secrets…
To make an appointment, contact Bénédicte directly from us on 05.65.27.10.80.
As an addition to your stay, indulge in the pleasures of body care, massage and beauty treatments.
Just down the road from us, Bénédicte, a trained beautician, in a quiet atmosphere allowing for escapism and relaxation, offers a range of beauty care and massage treatments for your appreciation, including the traditions of the wider world: Pijat, Kepala, Shiatsu, Ayurvedic etc.